.

Sunday, November 3, 2019

REFLECTION Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

REFLECTION - Essay Example However, the persuasive lesson encourages me to use knowledge and skill that I had not realized that I already have. Nonetheless, the classroom games were the basic concepts that introduced me to the basic concepts for convincing or lobbying for something I deemed indispensable for me or rather something I needed from my fellow student through persuasive arguments or reasoning. Additionally, during the course, I learnt to choose my own persuasive words and statements towards analyzing different definitions associated with persuasive techniques (Souter and Billout, 2007). After learning the different persuasive techniques applied in oral argument, I am now capable to apply different, independent persuasive techniques in different writing activities as well as in analyzing other students’ works in line with their effective use of persuasive techniques. Despite the technicality in the strategies used in developing persuasive writing, the course taught me numerous, persuasive strategies toward effective, persuasive writing. Among the most vital persuasive wring strategies is the understanding the concepts of the subject (Souter and Billout, 2007). I achieved this technique through listening and analyzing various persuasive speeches and writings that were found in other media of communication including the newspaper, television, magazines, and internet. Through reading and use of these media of communication, I learnt to look for words, word phrases, and persuasive writing techniques including reasoning, counterarguments, repetitions, and comparisons. These techniques improved my reading and thinking skills (Souter and Billout, 2007). Other essential element of persuasive writing that I learnt during the course is the breaking down persuasive elements either to be used in a speech or writing. The essence of breaking persuasive elements is to have a clear introduction to the argument (Souter and Billout, 2007). Moreover, I through this requirement,

No comments:

Post a Comment